How to Tag Your Items
- Sizes Preemie – 18/20 accepted. Also Juniors sizes. No Maternity.
- Check clothing carefully for stains, excessive wear or pilling, broken zippers, and missing buttons. Don’t waste your time preparing items that will be returned to you at drop-oﬀ or pulled from the racks later.
- Price competitively! Our racks are full and overpriced items don’t sell. Consider marking your items to go to discount. Who wants to take home outgrown clothes instead of more money?
- Minimum price is $1.00 and you can only price in whole dollar increments.
- All clothing must be on hangers. Clothing should be hung with the hook facing to the LEFT, like a question mark.
- When hanging pants on a regular hanger, pin the pants to the TOP rung of the hanger.
- Two-piece sets should be secured with safety pins. Pants, skirts, and bottoms can be hung on the backside with two safety pins attaching them to the top part of the hanger.
- Make sure that all buttons, snaps, and zippers are fastened.
- Use a safety pin or tagging gun to attach the tag in the seam or in the original tag to avoid damaging the clothing. Use the inside seam at the end of the left sleeve (right side when looking at the item). Do not pin to the front of the garment. (FYI: Tags attached with a tagging gun lose their tags much easier than tags attached with safety pins)
- Please use the entire description ﬁeld when entering your items. Be very detailed and descriptive! Use words like slim, husky, runs small, or runs big when applicable. Include BRAND, COLOR, PATTERN, in the description field.
- All clothing items must have a numbered size entered in the size field on the tag. Please convert S,M,L to the number size it fits. If clothing is size 6/7 or 10/12, always use the smallest size on the tag when entering it into your inventory. So a 6/7 put as a 6, etc.
- Sleep sacks, swaddle blankets, wearable blankets, all blankets etc., need hung on hangers.
Must be clean and show little wear. Eugene Sale has a Limit of 20 pairs regardless of gender. Redmond Sale has no Limit. Please do not put shoes in plastic bags or shoeboxes. Punch a hole in the tag and then attach with string or zipties while securing shoes together. MUST BE CLEAN! Take a few minutes to wash them! Magic Erasers work wonders on shoes! Dirty shoes will not be accepted!
Limit of 5 Blankets for Eugene Sale. NO handmade, knitted blankets. NO hospital blankets. Should be on hangers, but do not pin them on. Just fold across the bottom bar of the hanger. Sleep sacks and swaddle blankets need hung on hangers as well. Sleep Sacks with no sleeves, and swaddlers can go in the Blanket Category. Sleep Sacks with sleeves, will go in the Clothing Category.
Must have working batteries, all pieces must be included, and loose pieces should be in zip-lock bags and attached to the item. Clean toys always sell better! No stuﬀed animals or recalled items. Do not use scotch tape; only clear packing tape on plastic toys or secure tags with zip ties. Don’t be stingy with tape either! If your toy comes with small pieces, put them in a zip-lock bag and secure them as if you were shopping in a storm! (This is comparable to all the children that are looking at items while shopping.) Zip-tie pieces together!
Puzzles & Games
Count ALL pieces before tagging. ALL pieces must be included in order to be sold. Please use plastic saran wrap to secure all puzzles not in boxes (wood puzzles, peg puzzles, etc.), then secure the saran wrap with clear tape. DO NOT put tape directly on puzzles, even blue tape. If you try to sell something with missing pieces, you will be assessed a $5 fee per item.
Large Toys & Outdoor Equipment
These are best-sellers! Must be clean! Wipe them down to get rid of dirt and crumbs. This includes play kitchens, play houses, wagons, bicycles, toy boxes, doll houses, tool benches, etc.
Ergos, Wraps, Baby Bjorn, etc. These need to be clean and checked for recalls. Zip-tie to a hanger.
EUGENE has a limit of 30 tagged items for books. REDMOND has no limit. If selling bundles of books, secure them together with 2 rubber bands or tie with string! Do not try to hide damaged books in the middle of bundles and do not use tape on books, even blue tape peels off the cover sometimes. You may use two small pieces of blue tape to secure the tag on the item. But do not wrap the books in tape. (Items found to have flaws, that were hidden in bundles, etc. will be accessed a $5.00 per item fee)